Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day Number Three

Today was a day of gifts. Amelia had her first birthday just last week and got a lot of really nice gifts. She is still discovering how great they are every day; like her rocking chair from Jennifer. With new experiences comes new language. She just loves to climb up in that beautiful chair and rock. We sing "Row Row Your Boat" when she is in it and today I got some great shots of her making a cute "O" face when she says, "row row." Her new favorite word of they day however is, "Sit." She says this because she hears mommy say it oh so many times as she attempts to stand in the rocking chair.
We also went to visit my mom at her job today and her co-worker gave Amelia a gift. She gave her a very adorable soft lion. Little immediately starting to roar and then made everyone in the room give the lion a kiss. I loved seeing her socialize with grown ups like this today. We had a serious following of some nice adults on the train and she looked forward to seeing them every day. I'm going to miss that and I think that routine lunch dates at Becker will help get a fix for Amelia. One of them had doggy posters all behind her desk. I thought A was going to lose her mind. She loves dogs more than most things.
We also had a visit from Amy and she too gave Amelia some gifts. Some of which were clothes that I had given her daughter about 10 years ago. I treasure these.
Amelia had a nice day and I am exhausted. Maybe I should have been in the infant room before I was let go...it would have prepared my body for all the lifting.
G'Night
Perfect Row Row Face
And this is how she learned to say, "sit."
Trying to put her new lion on the counter *Like the chalkboards new home Carolyn?

No comments:

Post a Comment