Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Little Vacation

We got back last night from a little vacation to The Cape. After all my ranting about the beach on a hot day in my previous post, this was JUST what I needed. We had a beach day that was like 76 degrees out. Amelia and daddy were brave and even went in the water. She liked it a bit more than before. We spent a lot of time playing and eating. Little even tried chowder, fish and chips and a taste of lemon (the lemon ended with some tears) Overall it was a great vacation. Here are my Top 5 Favorite Cape Moments...

1. Little learned how to say "Where Did ___Go?" in gesture
There was a dog outside and then it was gone so she was asking "Where did it go?"




2. We got to see some of our favorite FAVORITE ladies.
I love this picture. I have missed my friend Jeanne so much! And it was her birthday too!
Amelia loves her teachers. 

3. Amelia can walk by herself and I melt every time she walks holding my hand. When did she get so big?
Taking steps!
Walking in the sand with mumma.



















4. My Birthday!!!
On our way to Cape Cod I thought my sweet husband was going to be giving me a mix CD and as we are driving he hands me a bag that is much heavier than a mix CD would be. He got my an iPad;  that crazy man. It was an incredibly generous and thoughtful gift. Now I can Blog on the go and even use it for potential job interviews. So so so nice. He also made me chocolate covered strawberries. AMAZING!
My strawberries and my new iPad. I need to name it! Suggestions?

5. The Herring Run
The Herring Run is one of my favorite places in the world! It is where Dave and I were engaged and we try to get there at least once a year. We took Amelia to see it right before the sun went down. We hit a bakery called Buckies before we went and got her a mini cinnamon roll. She Devoured it! It is a calm and beautiful place. We actually haven't been there when the Herring are running in the Spring and maybe we will some day but for now we like to go and eat some sweets and take pictures. Here are a few from over the years.                             
Sitting on a blanket with my engagement cupcake
Sitting on the same blanket spending time with my little cupcake


Engaged!
Expecting!
Little!
                                      


3 comments:

  1. AW! I love the before/after pictures....what great memories to cherish! And what a thoughtful husband. :) Good luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bridge..........love the new photos...feel so fortunate, having the chance to see you guys twice in one week...miss you already! Looking forward to the next entry in your Blog!!1 Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg - the most amazing blog- where do you find the time -oh I know- 2am in the morning!

    ReplyDelete