Monday, September 20, 2010

The Messier the Better

As an early childhood educator I have had much experience with MESSES! I know the importance of kids getting dirty. I haven't however in my own home always been good about allowing messes to happen, I vacuum now 2 or 3 times a week! I have always know that when a little one arrived I would have to let a lot of my tendencies to keep everything clean just fly out the window. At school Amelia's teachers were super about letting the children get messy at meals for the sake of learning independence and self feeding. This is was great! Now it's my turn.
I know that Amelia already wants to do so many things by herself (you should see her brush her teeth). I hadn't yet allowed her to eat messy food out of a bowl for fear of cleaning sauces out of my walls and curtains. But the other day when she ws giving me a hard time about eating at breakfast, I gave in. And of course it was awesome. There was definitely a mess and a whole lot of laughing. She had all of her yogurt with a bowl and spoon. At first she wanted to use the spoon but when she tasted the deliciousness of her YoBaby the bowl and all it's contents went right up to the face.
To keep her hair clean it was put up with a little headband that she hates. I can't stand cleaning food out of her hair. I'm considering buying her a hat just for meals!

                                                                                   
















THIS BLOG WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY...the beanie skull cap I'm considering getting Amelia for meal times.
iheartbaby on Etsy

2 comments:

  1. awesome....GOOOOOOOOOOOO AMELIA!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridge, I am so proud of you letting her get messy to learn at your own home!!!!!! She has gotten so big and I am sure she is learning tons being home with you!

    ReplyDelete