Monday, September 27, 2010

Boston Daze

So I decided last week to spend a day in Boston. It was a particularly warm day and I wanted to take Little there to enjoy a nice Boston day before the cold settles in. I wanted to be a tourist instead of what we used to be...a frantic mom and baby running down Stuart St; trying to catch trains and dodge the crazy man that threw change at us.
When working as a teacher I used to go to The Public Garden on a regular basis with the kids. It was such a great place to observe nature, get some exercise, and enjoy the city.  How lucky were we? Every time I would walk around and wonder how all those people there got the luxury of laying around and enjoying the sun when I had to run back to work. There were always families with babies taking sweet pictures and people napping by the water. It seemed like something that I would never get to do (just lay around enjoying the sunshine and ducks). Well here was my opportunity. I decided to take Amelia to The Beloved Garden. I knew that doing it alone might be difficult and I was really hoping to maybe get together with some of her old teachers or classmates. No-one was really available but we went anyway.
It has obviously been awhile since I have taken a train because we were late and missed the one out of Westborough. So I decided to drive which worked out in the end. First reason it worked out was that after I parked and left the garage with Little, I turned the corner to see two buggies coming right at me. The site of buggies alone reminds me of my job and these two happened to have two of Amelia's former classmates in them! Oh my Goodness, we were excited. Maya and Maddie were both smiling ear to ear at us and Amelia was squealing with excitement. I introduced myself to the teachers (who seemed very nice) and wondered if they thought me to be a bit insane. I was gushing with affection for those two girls and adoration for their families. I walked them all the way to the door of the school where my daughter proceeded to grunt and point, like she wanted to go inside. Break my heart why don't you! As we waved and blew kisses to her friends I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I had NO IDEA I would be that emotional. Man...I miss those kids,  I miss those families, I miss my kiddos teachers, and I miss that school. After a tearful phonecall to Lynne, we pushed on and had an excellent (but exhausting) day. I liked being a tourist for the day and getting to take those adorable pictures I always wanted to take. Next time I hope that some friends might be available to play with although Amelia makes fast friends. She tried to take money out of someone's flute case and was making elephant noises at a man snoring during his nap. :)
Here are some highlights. Out of about 230 pictures it is hard to pick which ones to share.

Ready for our day in The Garden!

Always wanted to get a pic with the ducks.

She wanted to visit them all.

Helping Amelia to give money instead of taking it away.

Amelia loved dancing to her music.

My favorite trees.

Playing Peek-a-Boo!

Favorite!

Her first Frosty was a hit!

Auntie met up with us and tried teaching Little how to blow bubbles.




She tried so hard!

The Borders next to Aunties job had MASSIVE amounts of toys!

After a long long day we took Amelia to the Christian Science Fountains.

She LOVED it!
We got to go to Dave's work and he came to dinner with us. It was such a treat to see daddy!

And we wanted you to know about...

4 comments:

  1. Aw, we all miss the old place! But what a great opportunity to say hello and see how well they are doing. Your pictures are so beautiful! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i was here when you came in! Looks like you had a great day though. I'm glad you skirted change throwing man. ;)

    Little is getting soooo big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG -Love the pics at nite at Christian Science Fountain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE DO I BEGIN?????? THE PICS ARE FABULOUS...WISH I HAD BEEN ABLE TO SHARE THE TIME WITH YOU. SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET "FROSTY MAN"......I MISS THE CITY SO MUCH AND WALKING AROUND WITH THE KIDS...I ORDERED A BRACELET (LIKE CAROLYN'S) FROM SHREVE,CRUMP & LOW...SO ROSE AND I HAVE GONE IN A COUPLE OF TIMES (SINCE THEY HAD TO PUT IT ON ORDER)...FELT LIKE I SHOULD BE PUSHING A BUGGY UP AND DOWN THE SIDEWALKS OF BOSTON...THEN WE HAD LUNCH A REBECCA'S AND SAT AT THE FOUNTAINS TO EAT...MADE ME SAD......I MISS OUR TIMES TOGETHER....I WILL LET YOU KNOW AT THE END OF THE WEEK HOW MY INTERVIEW'S GO...MAYBE WE CAN PLAN SOMETHING!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete